Ask Office is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy or any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Ask Office operates on a secure web server which automatically records your public internet protocol (‘IP’) address and also generates a log file.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
You can easily control and disable cookies. For more information visit the following external links: www.aboutcookies.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.eu
Please be aware that by limiting or deleting cookies you may not enjoy as good an experience on our website or have access to many of our enhanced features.
|_ga||Google Analytics: distinguishes between users||Analytics|
|wp-settings||This is used to customize the view of admin interface, and main site interface.||Necessary|
|wp-settings-time||This is used to customize the view of admin interface, and main site interface||Necessary|
|wfwaf-authcookie||This cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin “Wordfence”. It is used to authenticate user’s login request.||Necessary|
|wordpress_sec||Authenticates wordpress admin login.||Necessary|
|NID||Google set a number of cookies on pages that include a Google Map.||Functional|
|__cfduid||The “__cfduid” cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.||Functional|
|_drip_client_6994213||Remembers previous actions when browsing a page again during the same session.||Functional|
|etSocialCookie||a technical cookie that concerns the social sharing widget that appears when you scroll down the page. It simply serves to make sure that the widget does not appear continuously.||Functional|
|Tk_ai||Stores a randomly-generated anonymous ID. This is only used within the admin area and is used for general analytics tracking.||Analytics|
|Tk_tc||this cookie collects metrics about the users use of the website related to the WordPress.com features so that WordPress.com can improve their services||Analytics|
Where we store personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, no organisation can 100% guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site as we cannot anticipate advances in unscrupulous computer hacking, viruses although every effort has been made for our site to be as robust as possible.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may collect information about your computer. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for the uses agreed to.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have many rights to enable you to control how organisations use and control your data. These include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we keep your information for?
By email at email@example.com
By telephone on 01274 731212;
By post at Greg Colehan, Ask The Office Equipment Specialists 39 White Abbey Road Bradford BD8 8EJ.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Please go to www.ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
This policy was last modified on the 24th May 2018